This is one of my best and well prepared Necrological Message for the family of our beloved member in Greenhills.
What is death?
Death was never Popular and would never be popular .
The last thing most people want to talk about is death. But its there , always there , waiting there to claim us. But Death is never our Destiny and we would allow it to be.
• Medical point of view – it is a cessation of the physiological function in the human body
“ The question of the meaning and worth of life never becomes more urgent or more agonizing than when we see the final breath leave a body which a moment before was living “ Psychologist
• For the elderly person death is the quiet culmination of the aging of vital organs
• Research shows that elderly do not usually have increased fear of dying
• As a Pope John Paul once said “ My bags are packed and I’m ready to leave “
• Spiritually and in God’s view, Death is the passing of the spirit from the body under sublime and peaceful circumstances.
Death is a grief to the living. The healing process we will probably find that our memory of the one who died is freed from sickbed and had fulfilled his mission on earth.
John Donne once said :
“ When one Man dies, one Chapter is not torn out of the books but translated into a better language and every chapter must be so translated. God employs several translators; some pieces are translated by age , some by sickness , some by war , some by justice but God’s hand is in every translation and his hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves again for the Librarian where every book shall lie open to one another “
Our life is a Living Testament, A Book that every man will read and learn from. I believe his Biography is one of those few books that we will enjoy and learn great lessons from life.
Psa. 90:10-12 ‘ The length of our days is seventy years or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away. Who knows the power of your anger ?For your wrath is as great as the fear that is due you. Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.’
Birth and Death enclose main sort of ( parenthesis ) of the present
What is more important is not the length of life ( quantity ) but the quality of life we spend influencing and imparting good values among the people around us. The Dash ( – ) is more important than the dates.
• Death spares no one
• In order to understand life , we must understand death mystery search for its meaning and come to terms with nature . We fear that we don’t understand
• Everything changes but death remain changeless. Death always waits.
• The certainty of death and the participation with all mankind in this terminal event
• It’s the last enemy to be destroyed . There is a Blessed Hope :
1Cor. 15:20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.
1Cor. 15:21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.
1Cor. 15:22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
1Cor. 15:23 But each in his own turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
1Cor. 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.
1Cor. 15:25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
1Cor. 15:26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
“WE HAVE HOPE BECAUSE OUR LORD JESUS CONQUERED DEATH WHEN HE DIED AT THE CROSS “
John 11:25 “ Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies. “
• God determined when we shall die
• God decides the issues of life and death
• God desires and excited to be reunited with us
Our dearly beloved dad is happy now and I believe God has a better place for him.
He died with Dignity , Honor and Greatness ! With that I would like to give due respect and honor to the great life of this man.
His legacy as a Loving Husband , Father and Brother to his siblings will be remembered forever . And this will be passed on to the next generation of his clan.
Let us pray !